Black and White Culture…See Below…Which Are You Most Familiar With…
A bit of history: Cheikh Anta Diop’s “Two Cradle Theory”… challenged white culture. Until Diop’s work in the 1950’s, whites were the authority on culture…Johann Jakob Bachofen, Robert Briffault, Bronislaw Malinowski, Lewis Morgan, Malinowski, Frederick Engles, etc. … and they said their culture was superior to others and, especially, to African culture.
Edward Blyden wrote of the cultureal differences…
…but Diop proved there was a cultural difference by disproving the whites …in his thesis, The Cultural Unity Of Black Africa.
Read over them…which one is more familiar to you and why? I’m willing to bet if you’re over 50, you recognize the Southern Model and if you’re under 50, you are more familiar with the Northern Model. Let me know…
Southern Cradle-Egyptian Model
- Abundance of vital resources.
- Gentle, idealistic, peaceful nature with a spirit of justice.
- Matriarchal family.
- Emancipation of women in domestic life.
- Territorial state.
- Social collectivism.
- Material solidarity of right for individual which makes moral or material misery unknown.
- Idea of peace, justice, goodness and optimism.
- Literature emphasizes novel tales, fables and comedy.
Northern Cradle-Greek Model
- Bareness of resources.
- Nomadic-hunting (piracy)
- Ferocious, warlike nature with spirit of survival.
- Patriarchal family.
- Debasement / enslavement of women.
- City state (fort)
- Moral solitude.
- Disgust for existence, pessimism.
- Literature favors tragedy.