STOP THE WAR ON OUR CHILDREN™ • MARCH 18, 2016
Join a delegation of 300 black women standing in a day of action for black children!
In schools and in the street, very powerful people profile, bully, criminalize, manhandle, and murder our children! We have been too silent for too long, and our children have had to face these assaults without the power of a community along with them. We demand that the country see our children as investments, not thugs.
This must stop! We say Stop The War On Our Children™! We need you!
► Who: A Delegation of 300 BLACK WOMEN
► What: A Day of Action for BLACK CHILDREN
► When: March 18, 2016
► Where: Washington, D.C.
► What You Can Do: Become an Organizer and a Participant! Bring a delegation of ten women to D.C. to stand with us!
► Contact: Ruby Sales, SpiritHouse Project, at 404-228-7794 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become an Organizer, Endorser and/or Delegate.
1. We demand an end to state-sanctioned murder of Black children.
2. We demand a national hearing on state-sanctioned violence by police of Black youth from early childhood to adulthood.
3. We demand a bill against state-sanctioned terrorism and murders by police.
4. We demand an end to the criminalization of Black youth in public schools and all of the public spaces that they inhabit.
5. We demand that federal and local governments use our tax dollars to turn schools into first-rate learning environments, rather than sites of terror as they exist now.
6. We demand that the federal government fund an oversight citizen’s committee to monitor state-sanctioned police violence and murder and whose members have a documented history of being advocates for quality education and civil rights for youth.
7. We demand that every child in America have access to water, which we believe is a necessity, rather than a privilege.
8. We demand after-school programs that encourage the creative arts so that our children can find productive ways to express dissent, as well as rise to their highest creative and expressive best.